The Carrefours santé (health hubs) are citizens’ committees that gather to talk about the health care needs of the local Francophone community and how to respond to them. Carrefours are not decision-making bodies. They simply act as a meeting place. Ideally, each Carrefour is representative of the makeup of the local Francophone community.
- Encourage community engagement within the Francophone community.
- Act as a community leader to discuss improvements to French language health care services with the RMEFNO. Its purpose is to look at ways of improving the overall health of the local Francophone community.
- Represent all Francophone citizens in their community.
- Act as a spokesperson between the community and the LHIN through the Planning Entity (RMEFNO).
- Analyze and understand information received from the Planning Entity.
- Foster public awareness.
- Consult and engage: encourage community engagement through forums, workshops, chats, etc.
- Collect data and identify Francophone community needs with regards to French language health care services.
- Find and propose innovative solutions.
- Establish community synergy by identifying and creating partnership opportunities with various Francophone community organizations, whether they are active or not in health care field.